Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ruth Ozeki: my new fav author find

I love it when I get a book from the library and it totally astounds me! I picked up this book entitled "A Tale for the Time Being" by an author I had never heard of called Ruth Ozeki, and it has been love at first page! I am only a third of the way into the book, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. Of course, I had to Google this author immediately, and her own page, Ozekiland, popped up and I adore her blog posts too! Turns out she is an ordained Zen Buddhist Priest, as well as a wife and filmmaker and novelist, so no wonder I adore her!

I am not a Buddhist, but I am drawn to certain tenants of it's philosophies, and I can sense the "Zen" in her novel already: the way she is not stingy with details describing people and places, her sense of time, her view of things even through her characters. It's just wonderful.

I can't wait to see how the book ends but I was so excited by what I have read so far that I just had to share it right now, here on my blog. If you enjoy characters that seem real, a dreamy sense of time, reality and Zen then this book will be for  you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.