Monday, September 21, 2015

L'occitane Divine Face Cream Review


I have been using this since the end of August: so just around four weeks now, and I have to say, I really like this cream.

I can't speak for it's supposed anti-aging benefits because after four weeks my skin looks the same, but this cream really does feel divine. For the price, it better!!!

I bought it online for R1390. That is certainly a hefty price tag, we can all agree to that! But I don't regret buying it, because I love using this cream. It has a "melting" quality as you apply it -  it seems to melt into my skin, and a little certainly goes a long way. So I am sure it will last me over three months. I really don't use a lot at a time. It comes with the little plastic "spoon" so that you can spoon out of the jar instead of sticking your finger in. Well, I am lazy so now I just stick my finger in and scoop a tiny amount of the cream out, but I don't see why not.

The cream has a very natural, almost herbal smell, which I really like. It may not be for everyone. They say it has extracts of the Immortelle flower which is what gives it anti-aging properties. As for that, I can't say if it's true or not.

Would I buy this cream again? If it were on special, yes, definitely. Would I spend that full amount again? I am not sure. I love the feeling of this cream - it's soothing, moisturizing and yet not greasy. It leaves my skin feeling dewy, not heavy. So perhaps I would cave in and re-purchase. However, I do feel the cost is a little too high and that is the only negative I have to say about it.

In the bigger picture, I am sure my skin would be fine with just aqueous cream - and I have used it in the past - but I sometimes feel a bit of a sticky feeling left on my face after using that. So this cream is certainly lovely but definitely a luxury and if you can't afford it, I would say you are not seriously missing out on anything.

1 comment:

  1. I love L'Occitane products. We stayed in a little boutique hotel in Amsterdam for a couple of nights last year and they had L'Occitane products in the bathroom... I fell in love and brought ALL the leftovers home with me! Since then I often pop into the L'Occitane shop just to use their hand-cream.... sad but true! I wish it wasn't so expensive because I would use it all the time if I could. Would love to try the Divine Face Cream, in fact I might put it on my Christmas wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.