Sunday, September 6, 2015

Redken Frizz Dismiss Review ♡






The short review: this product is amazing! I really love it. It works.


The long review:
I bought this product kind of by mistake. I never went looking for a frizz-controlling product, in fact, I wanted a heat protector instead. So I popped into a salon and asked for a thermal protector spray and the stylist asked me if I suffer from frizz and so I said, not really, but since I have bleached my hair (before I dyed brown over), yes, the bleached length does tend to frizz up. It's not a concern of mine though as I can always flat-iron it straight. Hence the need for a heat protector. So she handed me this golden spray bottle of Redken Frizz Dismiss, but she told me it was both thermal protector and an anti-frizz. Great. Two in one I thought. I did choke a bit on the price - R 480 - but then decided that for my fried hair it would be worth it to use a good product if I wanted to keep my length.Which I do.

Only when I got home and read the label on the spray bottle did I see that it doesn't say heat protection anywhere. It only talks about reducing frizz. So this is NOT a thermal protector. I was going to return it the very next day, but then I decided to try the product anyway. (Don't tell, but I was going to use it once, and then return it, what the hell, she sold me the wrong thing.) But one use was all it took for me to fall in love with this spray! I will not be returning my bottle of Redken Frizz Dismiss ever because it did so many good things for my hair. The bottle says to spray onto towel dried hair and leave in and style as usual. The first time I used it I sprayed it onto dry hair, so I didn't use it correctly but it still tamed my hair. The next time I did use it after I had washed my hair. Firstly, it made combing my towel dry hair a breeze. It acted like a leave in conditioner. Secondly, as my hair dried, it felt less brittle. Bleached hair is very brittle and breakable when it's between a wet and dry stage. And thirdly, once my hair was dry, it had the texture as if I had flat ironed it but I hadn't. Not that my hair was poker straight, but the cuticles seemed flat and smooth, so each strand was glossy and healthy looking, as if it were not damaged, and it dried straighter than it normally would.

The fourth benefit: usually when I wake up my hair is a bird's nest but not so after using this product. I woke up the next day and my hair was still pretty smooth and silky. Not quite as if my hair were virgin hair, but good enough considering the abuse I have put it through. I tell you, this stuff is amazing. It basically removes the need for me to flat iron my hair (unless I want a totally sleek look on a night out). It makes my hair look and feel like healthy shiny hair, when it is not. I have no idea how it works but something in the product seals the cuticle, but it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. The spray I have is for fine hair. There is a cream version of this product which is for thicker hair, according to the stylist who sold this to me.

I have very fine hair, and most leave-in products leave it greasy or heavy. This is the only product that doesn't do that at all. I even tested it further by spraying again on dry hair the next morning today, and it still didn't weigh my hair down.
Just a few sprays onto towel dry hair is all I need. Instantly my hair acts like much healthier hair.

You can see how straight my hair looks even though I had only let it air dry after combing. No blow drying, no straightening iron. It's lying flat and straight by itself.

After using Redken Frizz Dismiss and just letting my hair air dry.

Side view of my hair with the Redken Frizz Dismiss Spray
My hair without the Frizz Dismiss

Now, there is a whole Frizz Dismiss line of products, of course. I have only used the spray on smoothing lotion, but I found a very positive review (see below) on Youtube, about the shampoo and conditioner in case you are interested. I might (if I can afford them!) invest in those sometime.  


Now to end off: will this product change your life? The answer is, no. Will it make you any happier? Maybe, if your hair is really frizzy, it might just. For sure, it will just give you more manageable hair. However, if the price is too much (let's be honest, at R480 it's steep!) then I would say, don't stress, skip it. But if you can afford this then it is worth the investment.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm sold! I have a major problem with frizz - I've got fine hair and the humidity does it no favours.... I really struggle, all year round, but especially in Summer. I've been using the Redken Diamond Oil - it's fantastic, and definitely helps wit the frizzies - but I think the Frizz Dismiss may be the answer for me. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for the review.

    Oh and just a heads-up - have a look at http://www.everythinghair.co.za/ I just searched the Frizz Dismiss and it's cheaper than you got from the salon. AND it says that it is a heat protector too.

    I've been buying all my hair products through everythinghair. They have some awesome specials (I got the Diamond Oil free with my shampoo and conditioner) and they deliver really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if it works for you too. xxx.

      Delete
  2. Hey Gill! Thanks for telling me about everythinghair.co.za. I have browsed around already and they have good specials and their prices are lower than what you would pay in a salon. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never even heard of this product but you've done such an amazing review that I have to have it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that it works as well for you. Let me know. I hope I haven't sung it's praises too much. LOL. xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.