Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mixed feelings about gym/exercise

Sometimes I really don't want to go to gym. Right now is one of those times. This year has not been a great year for me and gym. I have stopped and started. Gone then not gone. I am currently going but not feeling like I want to.

I am battling to find motivation. I currently am lacking a reason to gym.

I believe that gym is good for posture, joints and muscle tone - but I also don't believe in overdoing gym either.

I don't think exercise or gym is a good weight loss tool - I think, from my own experience, that diet is everything in weight loss. Exercise is good for fitness, heart and lungs, reducing back pain and helps with stress and sleeping better, but for simple weight loss it's not that great. The reason I say this is because every time I start back at gym I gain weight, not lose it. I know, muscle weighs more than fat. I know things could be firming up. But from female perspective, it is a little disheartening. Plus, there are many people at gym who go regularly and never shed a pound. I am not saying they SHOULD drop weight, I am just observing that I see many people train hard and never lose weight.

Lately, I just don't feel like gym. What do you do to get your motivation back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.