Thursday, November 26, 2015

Then and Now - spot the difference?



So one of the main questions I had with regards to Banting was how it would affect my body - in terms of whether I ever wanted to compete as a bikini athlete again. Would I be able to Bant and still get on stage in a bikini and be show-ready? Or would Banting, as a bodybuilder friend of mine said, leave me with a big belly that I would not be able to get rid of?

It's not always easy to be objective about your own body, especially as a woman when you look in the mirror, so I decided to take some pics now and compare them to my previous ones. I posed in the exact same heels and bikini as I used to do, when I used to take progress pics for my coach. I stood in the same room. The only thing is the angle of the pics - I see now that my current pics are taken from a slightly lower angle than the previous pics. However, it's a close enough comparison.

Here is what I can see that is different: my skin. I seem a lot more freckly/spotty now. Don't know why. Can't explain that one, except perhaps it's from the sun or sunbed? Or it's just the different lighting.

I am not toned now, but I am no bigger, or fatter. And the reason for slight lack of tone (noticeable in my legs, mainly) is that I am hardly training at all now. I run a bit, and that's it. But overall, I was very happy with the comparison. I would say that Banting has not negatively affected my body. I am lacking gym training now at all, but if I were training five days a week or more, like I was in October 2012, I am sure that muscle tone would pump back up.

Bear in mind that three years have passed since then and now, so again, overall, not bad. 

I was happy to note that my mid-section looks the same now as it did then. Phew. No big belly that I can't get rid of.

So, could a bodybuilder Bant and still compete? This is a question I would love to know the answer to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.