Saturday, January 2, 2016

What is man designed to eat?

As an ex-vegetarian myself, I have often wondered what man is supposed to be eating, biologically speaking. Are we meant to be carnivores? Omnivores? Clearly, I could tell, we are not meant to be herbivores, as we don't have stomaches like cows or sheep. But I have often still wondered: should we be eating fruit and veg in big amounts, or more meat? What is the truth?


Well, today I found this poster on highsteaks.com which I found pretty informative. I don't know how accurate this is, but it looks right to me. You can see at a glance that we have far more in common with a wolf's digestive system than with a sheep! So it begs the question, are we really meant to be carnivores? Did we simply evolve the ability to eat plant matter merely for survival when meat was scarce? What do you think?


human carnivore vs herbivore vs omnivore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.