Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lean Gains whilst eating LCHF.

So yesterday I went for a body-stat assessment. I last went in March 2013, can you believe it? Three years ago!

I was pretty nervous because I thought for sure I would have a much higher body-fat percentage now than then...but to my surprise and delight, my body-fat percentage was the same. A lean 15.1%! This surprised me because three years ago, I was competing in bikini competitions and really training hard. Back then I expected my body fat to be low.

This is NOT what I expected this time round. I am eating totally different. I am only just starting to get back into gym training. I am eating FAT, people!!!! I guess, somewhere in the back of my mind, even though I now "know" intellectually that fat doesn't make you fat, I was wondering if, really, it did. Maybe eating fat was making me a thin-fat person?

Not according to these stats. I weighed just over a kg more (good! I was too light last time) and yet, I haven't gained body fat. So according to the dietician, I have picked up LEAN body mass. This is what we are all striving for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.