Thursday, April 7, 2016

Busy and less carbs

Hi dear blog readers

Well, I have been a naughty, absent blogger. I am pleased to say, though, that I am busy with my clients, so it's for a very, very good cause.

I have been testing my blood sugar regularly (by which I mean, often, not daily, but there are a few days when I test a few times in a day) and I am thrilled to say that with my low-carb, sometimes zero-carb diet, my blood sugar never goes over 6ml/L. This is, according to all the research, a good thing. Apparently, someone with TRULY normal blood sugar will never go above 6.6 ml/L, independent of what they have eaten. I don't know about you, but mine will jump way over that if I eat sugar!

I remember testing my son's blood sugar once, after a carby snack, and his blood sugar was only 5.7. So this may well be the truth. He has (he is still young) perfect blood sugar control.

I am a big believer in blood sugar testing, now that we have the machine. I believe it is very important to know what your blood sugar is doing because it's such a dangerous thing if it's too high or too low.

I have been experimenting again with zero-carb eating and have found that even after a breakfast with lots of protein, my blood sugar hardly budges at all. Which is wonderful. Whereas I remember it going up to 6.4ml/L after full cream yoghurt! Needless to say, I don't eat much yoghurt any more.

Have you tested your blood sugar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.