Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My worst pics



I share the above two pics with a degree of shame because this was NOT my best comp by a long shot. My prep was not good, I was lost, didn't have a plan, really, I was winging it with my low-carb eating, had no idea how I was going to drop that last tiny bit of body fat, didnt' want to drop too much as I entered the "beach" section....I was a bit of a confused mess. I looked fine from the front, but not fine at all from behind. As you can see from the top pic.

This year, I am going to change all that.

I wish it weren't true but unfortunately, Banting didn't work for my prep. This was my worst stage look ever. I was just soft looking. Not fat, but soft. Something about high fat, low carb just makes my body soft, even if it's slim. Now don't get me wrong, this is fine for everyday folk, people who don't want to get on stage and look hard and toned and muscular. But those of us who like the sport of bodybuilding and want to achieve a certain look up there on that stage, then Banting is not for us.

I gave it my best shot. I really, really wished that high fat was gonna be the answer, but sadly, it turned out not to be so.

So the question, the BURNING question is: why did I feel so great when I started LCHF? Why did I fall in love with it so much?

I think the answer is this: I had deprived myself of healthy fats for too long. I was fat-deprived. So I literally soaked them up at first.

But did I need fat all day every day? Probably not.

To be honest, I don't have all the answers here, but what I do know is this: I need fat AND carbs AND protein.

So how will I get to my goal weight/look IF I eat carbs? Well, the truth is, I did it before. My first comp I dropped weight so fast, like crazy, actually, and I wasn't super strict. Then I got stricter AFTER that comp, thinking I will maintain that level of leanness. I tried to be strict throughout the year, which only lead to an imbalance.

Moving forward, I want to feel healthy. No drastic cutting out of ANYTHING. Yes, I believe that sugar is bad, but are carbs bad? I have to say, no, they are not. They do fill up my body with water. But that's a good thing. So yes, I am now 2-3kg heavier, carrying water weight I didn't have before. But I am not cramping anymore. I have better strength and endurance.

I will have to find a way to lose weight without cutting any macro.

I keep hearing about flexible nutrition and this #iifym which is: hashtag - if it fits your macros. I might try that.

I am always learning and experimenting. The beauty is that I am my own guinea pig. I tried zero carb, which was quite fun, but it just gave me the runs. I never once recommended that to anyone. Thankfully.

Even the Banters themselves talk about resistant starch in the form of cold, cooked rice. Well, hello sushi rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.