Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A new furbaby, a great Christmas and a wonderful holiday

I am excitedly awaiting yet another puppy. Seems like I tend to always get one around December/Christmas time.

This one is a French bulldog - very hard to get one - and I was in luck because the breeder I have inquired with happens to have TWO huge litters and they have many male pups available so we got this pup at a very good price. So the transaction is now in progress and I wait for the flight to get the pup on.

I want to fast again. Christmas was too much nice food, of course, and a little too much alcohol. I need a detox. Our one guest, my mother's good friend Denise, has done a five day fast years ago and she says it wasn't that bad. She has given me hope that I CAN do a longer fast. I will try a two day one next.

The weather is so lovely these days. Summer is HERE.

I haven't weighed myself. I will do so tomorrow.

I am dreading having to illustrate. I am hating illustrating nowadays. The joy and the life has been sucked out of it. I have so many to do nowadays.

I am discovering a new doctor and his views: Dr. Joel Wallach. You can find loads of his videos on youtube. Here is a link to another talk by him.

Dr. Wallach has written a few books, his most famous being Dead Doctors Don't Lie. He is quite controversial and yet something about the way he talks and a lot of what he says makes a lot of sense. Check him out this other book of his on Amazon too.

I am very content. It's so nice to reach a place in my life where I feel calm and content. I am no longer searching for something. I still enjoy new things and nice things, but I feel so much more settled. Getting older is wonderful for this.

Ok, now for my BIG NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION: I aim to NOT buy any clothes for a whole year. No new clothes. I will allow a few shoes IF they are very super practical.

The reason is twofold: one, to allow me to afford this new puppy. Two: to save. If I save money every time I think about buying clothes, our family could go on holiday. Obviously, we want to do that. I am going to open a savings pocket/account and do that.

I made it through my first Christmas without my dad. It was not easy, but it was not that hard either. The fact that he and I were not super close does actually help me to move on. And the fact that I have my own family and my own child also helps. Keeping busy helps.

I wonder if I can stick to not buying clothes for a WHOLE year?

Well, I am putting it in writing here for this very reason. So let's see. Wish me luck.

I have noticed something with eating and fasting: the more I eat, the more I want to eat. The less I eat, the less I want to. Interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.