Monday, December 19, 2016

Blessed. And a bit of fitness update.

Waist: 66cm this morning. Ok, 66.2cm, to be EXACT.

That's a 2cm drop!

And yet my thigh measurement has stayed the same. So I have not lost muscle there. Or fat, it would seem.

Best part is that I took the waist measurement before I even went to the toilet this morning, if you know what I mean.

My weight on my home scale: 52.2kg - also before my morning bowel movement.

Low carb diets definitely eliminate most bloating. There is still some bloating and some gas, of course there is, but for the most part, eating low carb keeps my tummy flat.

Today I get my son back. I miss him now. Although the break has been nothing short of REVITALISING.

The weather is so sunny and summery all of a sudden these past few days. The sun is out and it's hot already at six am.

I feel so blessed. I AM so blessed. I have a huge, nicely renovated house. I have three lovely dogs that are all lying at my feet as I sit and type this. I have aircon! We have a swimming pool and a Jojo tank and a garden and birds singing outside. We have SPACE.

I know my luck, I know my blessings, and it's a wonderful feeling. Really it is.

I haven't really exercised much at all lately. By which I mean, I haven't gone into the gym much at all lately. Their aircon is not working or they are just trying to save money, I don't know, but there is not ever any aircon there and in this heat, it's ridiculous.

I am currently reading: The Complete Guide to Fasting: Dr Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore.
I have tried fasting and didn't really like it. One day of fasting and I was so slowed up at gym that I scraped my leg against a machine, and that scrape has created scarring internally and it hasn't healed up properly and looks like a big bruise on my leg still. That pissed me off. Also, the one day I fasted, I got bad cramps.

I believe that the real benefits of fasting come after a longer fast, say, five days or seven days. The benefits appear when your ketones rise up high. I don't know if I could do more that two days. It's possible, but who knows. When you are as small as I am, should you fast?

I am now curious about doing extended fasting because according to Dr. Thomas Seyfried, it's a way of preventing cancer. He also wrote a hugely expensive, voluminous book on cancer as a metabolic disease too. Plus there are many You Tube videos by him.

I don't know if I will actually fast, but it's something that is floating around in my mind. I don't want to lose much weight, and so, to be honest, I am a little scared that I am too light and not fat enough to fast. Lol. I will see. I will definitely keep you all updated if I do decide to fast.

On a side note: I have been making and drinking kefir lately, but it gets really tiring making it every day or every other day. I am far too lazy! Also, it really is sour, so it's not a pleasant thing to drink. So I will eat the grains, and be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.