Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 New Years Resolutions

Well, today is the 2nd of January 2017. A whole new year. It's arbitrary, it's just a bunch of days we have decided upon, but it still feels like a new start.

I want to try zero carb one last time. One last attempt at eating from the animal kingdom only. Why? Because I slept SO well on zero carb. I felt good. Except for the diarrhea, which I believe does eventually go away. I haven't stuck long enough to zero carb to see if the diarrhea goes away.

Yesterday I did day one of almost zero carbs. I ate my usual chocolate squares in the morning, but other than that, I ate no carbs and no plant foods. I finished off the little bit of champagne I had left from New Years Eve, and I realised how sweet it is as it made my mouth/teeth feel a bit furry.

But I already felt the benefits yesterday (similar good feelings as when I fasted, but not as many negatives) of avoiding ALL carbs:

1) I slept like a rock! I feel asleep easily and stayed asleep the whole night, even with the puppy crying.

2)I woke fine

3) I had NO bloating and I had good, sustained energy throughout the day, even though I had been for a run in the morning.

4) I didn't want coffee in the afternoon

5) By the evening, I was still mentally sharp, even though I could tell I was winding down after a long day.

I aim to give it a go in January, but because I know I have continually failed at it due to diarrhea, I need to plan to see that part through. Also, if I "slip up" by eating something not zero carb, I am not going to throw in the towel and ruin my progress. I really want to try it properly now as I am sick and tired of feeling generally not good on carbs.

My second "resolution" for January is to have no alcohol. Not that I drink a lot, I certainly don't, but over this festive season, I have had a few, and certainly more that I normally would, and I sense that it's not doing me any favours. I sense that it's hampering my ability to lose that last one or two kgs, and I know for a fact that I don't sleep as well when I've had a few drinks. I also cramp on the nights I have had drinks. So I want to clean out my system of alcohol.

Other than that, I generally enjoy my life, and will carry on as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.