Monday, February 6, 2017

Feeling good on SOME carbs

So yesterday I ate a few carbs. Yes, some sugar snuck in there in the form of a few bites of cake. It's ok. I only had a little. I then still had salad, chicken and a boiled egg. So I got in protein and veggies. All good. And fat in the form of chicken skin and of course, there is fat in the egg.

And let me report this to myself: I slept SO well. I usually notice that I sleep well on zero carb/low carb - but last night, with just a few carbs, my sleep quality was different - better, I would say. I had a very balanced day eating-wise - not too much of any one thing. I had a glass (yes only one) of wine last night too.

I had such a good day yesterday. And I didn't overeat on any one thing.

I did get stomach pains after the cake bites - I guess my body is shocked by the sugar again. But I didn't freak out. I just knew that they would pass.

So last night I had these really, really vivid dreams. I don't recall dreaming much lately in my low/zero carb state. But last night I dreamed a lot. And I slept SO well. My body felt so happy.

In fact, right now I feel so relaxed and good. I could easily sleep more, but I don't NEED to.

I woke up easily too. And felt good driving Seth to school. Happy.

It's actually NICE to have NO food restrictions at all.

Yes I want to be a kg or two leaner and lighter, and yes, I want to be healthy, but the thing is, I am pretty darn healthy. I now KNOW that sugar is the problem, and so, rather than completely cut it out, just avoid it as far as humanly possible, but allow it now and then.

So I know I am confusing myself but I seem to be a lucky individual for whom moderation really does work, and who CAN eat almost anything she wants. Almost. Not without some limits, but luckily I don't have to go crazy limiting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.