Saturday, March 25, 2017

Goings on right now in my life: mixed.

Firstly, I have joined South Coast Striders running club and got my running license number too.
I've taken the running plunge!

I ran my time trial in these! They certainly got people talking and one guy even said he saw someone do Comrades in them. 


I did their 4km time trial on Wednesday and, to my surprise, I was the second lady back. Woohoo. I ran the 4km in 22 mins. I want to better that time, obviously. I ran in my Vibram Five Fingers shoes, and although there is no cushioning under my feet, they are so lightweight, I actually felt like I could go faster.

Maybe the extra speed I felt is in my mind? I don't know. But I ran well. Yes, my feet took a hammering, but in a good way. They had to work harder, and under my toe got a blister, but by the next day that blister wasn't sore at all. I am consciously going barefoot now as often as I can in order to strengthen the muscles and ligaments/tendons in my feet and I actually think it's working. I can feel my toe strength has improved, as well as my arch strength, and now, I am finding most shoes to be uncomfortable.

On Friday I got a top up on my lip filler. I had it done about a month ago to try to correct asymmetry in my top lip: so they just put filler on the right side that was less voluminous. But the thing is, you pay for a full syringe of filler, so he had left over, and so of course, I went back to use it up as this stuff is not cheap! But the problem is now he needed a bit more than what was left in order to do my top and bottom lip to even things out. So I bought another syringe of filler. Now he has used about a syringe full, but now he has left over of the second syringe. However, I don't think I will go back for that filler, as this time, I swelled up and bruised really badly. He hit a blood vessel, I think, on the lower left side, and it's really looking terrible. Plus, the pain! My god it was and is still sore (I am typing this the next day.)

Gosh it looks really bad hey? Never again. 


I thought to myself, as I drove home "Why do I DO this to myself?" I start off with a simple thought: let me correct my natural asymmetry. And it just escalates from there.

I also got Botox done the day before, and THAT is fantastic. It doesn't hurt (well, hardly) and there is no down time, really, except to not exercise for 24 hours afterwards, and the results are great. However, I sometimes wonder even about that. Yes, it works. But it's costly. If I saved that amount of money every year, I could add nicely to any investment or retirement fund. I MUST think like that, because, as my husband points out, we don't want to be 85 and battling for money. We want to be financially independent and able to enjoy our golden years. I think he has a good point and that having a smoother looking face is all well and good but what will it really help me? It won't feed me or help me earn more money. It's a waste of money, I guess. It's nice but not essential. I think I am maturing enough to NOT do these things. My partner loves me, and he is not expecting me to be wrinkle free forever. So what is wrong with me that I feel the need to do this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.