Monday, May 8, 2017

Who are you? And yes, you need to SAVE!

I know I have one or two readers, even though I sometimes think I am the most ordinary person with the most ordinary blog, so who on earth would want to read this, right?

But I see that there a few regular views every time I post: I'd LOVE it if you left a comment, just to introduce yourself, or let me know who you are. I love connecting with fellow humans, and would love to say hi back.

On another note: my father's greatest legacy is this: he left me with investments. His own and some in my name. And they are teaching me that it's NEVER ever too early, or too late, to start saving. It's really something we don't do enough of. All of us. SAVE.

If you read this blog today - PLEASE start saving. I repeat: start saving. It can be as simple as a savings pocket linked to your bank account. BUT DO IT. You see, I had one investment in place, only one, measly little investment. Then my dad passed away last year, and I see that he had quite a few. He had retirement money and some extra investments. I have NO retirement money. Just that one measly investment. I had, up till now, nothing. What did I think I was going to do when I got older? I have no clue. So now I can set up something for my retirement. Thanks to my father.

So I beg you, please think of this. Think of this, and realise that it's about you paying your future self. You have to. No one else is going to pay the 65 year old you. The you of TODAY has to pay the you of tomorrow.

GO DO IT NOW.

Capitec bank, at the moment, has a great five year fixed term savings plan. I am sure there must be others like it. Please go do your research and go do it. It's the best thing you can do with your time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will take the time to read and reply. Much love.